Happy New Years Eve everyone! I cannot believe that I haven't posted in so long, but a lot has happened, and while a lot may not have seemed to have changed, it has and it was a lot to adjust to. I had to take some time for myself. I actually contemplated deleting this blog again and starting from scratch, but decided against that, but will still be making some changes pretty soon!
As a welcome back of sorts for myself I decided to post a little hopes and prayers list I came up with. I wouldn't call it 52 resolutions, but more wishes I have for myself and things I hope to apply to my life!
Here we go :)
Prayers for 2012
3. Health for loved ones and friends
4. Health for furbabies
5. health for myself
6. More time spent with extended family
7. To make more friends
8. To spend more time outside of my house and the safety of my four small walls.
9. Academic success
10. Success and happiness in my relationships
11. To move my career forward
12. To continue to blog
13. For my blog to grow
14. To read and comment on more blogs
15. To read the news more.
16. To develop my Faith and relationship with God
17. To read the bible more
18. To quit smoking for good.
19. To see the glass as half-full rather than half-empty ALL of the time.
20. To really learn to cook.
21. To keep my house and life decluttered.
22. To be more physically active
23. Find a sport or activity that I love again and practice it regularly
24. To take more photographs
25. To train Sadie to her full capabilities.
26. To keep in touch more with everyone.
27. To meet blog friends in person.
28. Read more books.
29. To learn to truly love school work and studying.
30. To find a part-time job that I love and that is in my career field.
31. To procrastinate less.
32. Find and regularly attend a church that I love.
33. Volunteer regularly.
34. Meet and speak with my neighbors regularly (or as much as possible).
35. Drive my car less.
36. Buy fresh food more.
37. Learn and prepare new recipes regularly.
38. To be more creative and crafty.
39. Make money from something I am good at.
40. Needlepoint a few pieces.
41. Learn to really knit.
42. Always do what is best for me and not what I think will please everyone else.
43. Get a real Christmas Tree.
44. Truly celebrate New Years eve (next year, 2012).
45. Be more trusting; of the Lord, myself and others.
46. To not let fear hold me back.
47. To complete tasks from start to finish.
48. Drink more water and less soda.
49. Unplug from technology more often to see the bigger picture and to slow down.
50. Treat others as I want to be treated all of the time.
51. Take better care of myself and my appearance.
52. Recycle more.
A lot of these are interconnected and are straight forward. Some battles will be personal, but I wanted to share with you all the different hopes and prayers and wishes I have for myself as the new year begins. 2011 was not an easy year for me, and I can honestly say I would not go back and repeat it. I hate to say that seems to be the case for quite a lot of years recently, and I have told myself that attitude will change for 2012.
Some of these I will need help with and that is why I am sharing them with you. A few of them are quite difficult to admit publicly, but that is where I know I have to start!
Thank you in advance everyone, for sticking with me through my (really long) absence! I hope you had a wonderful Holiday and, of course have a safe and happy New Year!!!
<3 <3 <3